These three are seriously amazing and it you somehow haven’t heard of them, stop reading this post and go check them out! They deserve all the love and support in the world.
Disclaimer: all photos found via google, I did not take any of these photographs with my own hands.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Kayla @ Books, Boxes, and Baubles questions:
1. Dogs or Cats or Hamsters and why?
How about all of them living in harmony with a rabbit? They are all too cute! You can’t make me decide… you simply can’t!
2. If you could live in any period and any place in time when and where would it be?
3. What is the last book you hated and why?
I’ve never felt such hatred for a main character, I do not appreciate or approve his actions, plus this book is hits hard, but in a bad way, definitely not my taste.
4. Favorite author and favorite book (not necessarily by the same author)?
5. What is something you wish people knew about you?
I wish people knew that I wasn’t the best at communicating verbally. I wish people knew that for normal outside of a classroom situation type of talking freaks me out. I wish people knew that I am a huge over thinker and if I share too much or say something off the wall or sound rude it comes from insecurity. I don’t know how you will react to me so I actdefensive and my words get mixed up. I don’t mean to push away, but on the inside I get really scared.
6. How long have you been blogging?
About 4 and a half months! It’s been some of the most wonderful and amazing months of my life!
7. What is your favorite type of character in a book?
8. What is your favorite TV show?
9. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
10. What 3 famous/fictional people, living or dead, would you want at your fantasy dinner party?
11. What’s your pet peeve(s)?
When girls take off their heels before getting into the car or being at home. I see this all the time. Yes, heels hurt. Yes, I know most people do this. It simply bothers me. I know before I put heels on that it is going to be a pain and I know it looks worse just carrying them in my hands walking barefooted with sandals on. We wear heels for a reason, taking them off and complaining about them ruins it.
Sophie @ Blame it on Chocolate questions:
1. Would you prefer to have a job you loved and earn less or one you hated but earned more?
My dream is to be a writer. You don’t write because you think money, fame, or fortune will follow. You write because their is something in your soul that needs to be shared. It is an ache within you that will break you unless you release it into the world.
2. If you could bring one extinct animal back, what would it be?
3. What’s more appealing to you, living in a past era or in the future?
4. Do you usually go for the painful truth or blissful ignorance?
5. Do you have any weird habits that freak everyone out?
6. Do you usually wear bright clothes or neutral ones?
I wear mostly neutral colors, but I have an affinity for the bright ones. I feel like I will wear more bright colors after I loose some weight around my middle. Neutral colors are great for looking thinner then you are.
7. If you had to see through tinted lenses for the rest of life, what color would they be?
A light blue. I feel like the world would look a bit less harsh that way.
8. Do you trust your instincts/are impulsive or do you prefer to calmly examine the situation before you?
I am definitely way more of a person of instinct. Everything I do, including what I blog is based on a whim. I believe that everything will work out the way they were meant to and usually that is how things end up to be.
9. If you had to choose to live with only two senses, which would they be? (Touch, smell, taste, sight…)
Hearing and sight, in order for me to live in my greatest loves in life I need to be able to see the world and to hear its music. Plus if I can’t taste, feel, or smell, I could eat anything… including healthy food and would never complain about the taste or texture of it again.
10. When someone says you can’t do something, do you go and do it just to prove them wrong or do you just ignore them?
11.Would you go on the Mars One mission, a once in a lifetime experience, even if it meant never returning to Earth and never seeing your loved ones again?
Krysti @ Ya and Wine questions:
1. If you could have a glass of wine with any author, living or dead, who would it be?
Julie Kagawa of course! I have so many questions for her. The way she writes is beautiful and I want to know how she continuously stays inspired. As I have previously said, she is the queen of fantasy! I would love to meet and speak with someone who inspires the love of creation in me and so many others.
2. Which debut novel are you most looking forward to in 2017?
The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas is a novel about a topic close to my heart. The Black Lives Matter movement is something that we need not be afraid to talk about. I have yet t0 read this book, but I am so excited to read it soon!
3. What book are you head-over-heels in cover love with?
AND I DARKEN!!! Looking at the cover digitally does not do it justice. I was lucky enough to win a signed hardcover copy of this book this month and I cannot describe how beautiful this book is in person. Gorgeous!
3. Which author have you been most excited about interacting with online?
Diana Anderson-Tyler!! She has been one of the kindest people I have ever gotten the chance to speak with and she is such an inspiration to me. I never expected to be able to speak with her and now that I have she is honestly one of my favorite people.
4. If you could write your own novel, what genre would it be?
If!?!? Why is this phrased like a hypothetical question? Why am I breaking down slowly because of it… I’m a writer… I swear… I write stuff. Ahhh!
5. I REALLY liked Mandy’s question about “what authors are instal-buys for you?” So yeah, that one!
Julie Kagawa (didn’t see that one coming… did ya?), Jennifer Donnelly, A.G. Howard, Laini Taylor, (if I finally got a Sarah J. Maas book in my hand I would have been able to put her here), Ellen Hopkins, Erin Morgenstern (I cry that she’s only written The Night Circus! I need more from her), Dawn Kurtagich, Diana Anderson-Tyler, Samantha Shannon, Cassandra Clare (desperately trying to collect her books in order to binge read them), Libby Bray…. etc. etc.
6. What series are you currently following that you never want to end?
7. Who is your best book bae?
8. Share a link to one of your favorite blog posts that you’ve done.
I’m so proud of these three! It is a tradition I hope to continue on for the rest of my life. I’m so happy with how each of these came out. They are like little children to me.
9. What is your favorite part about being book blogger?
I love everything about blogging. The writing, the interaction, reading others posts, commenting, looking for pictures, and coming up with new ideas. I love it all! No true favorites in this post!
10. Share a pic of you and your book bestie, cause we all need one of those.
1. If you had to choose between obtaining the power of strength, the power of invisibility, or the power to mind read, which would you choose and why?
2. What song got stuck in your head most recently? How do you feel about that song?
3. Do you believe that we are fated to go down a certain path or that we choose that path we take? Why do you feel that way?
4. What side character from the book your currently reading would you be and why?
5. Do you have any pets? If you do picture them here:
6. If you could instantly learn any language in the world which would it be and why?
7. What was the last book you read that inspired you? What is your favorite quote from that book? (Sorry for the extra step, I just love quotes!)
8. What place from your childhood do you wish you could see again for the first time?
9. What is your favorite time? Why is it your favorite?
10. Who is/was your favorite teacher? What did they teach and why are they your favorite? (Give them a little thank you for being awesome)
11. If you could ask your favorite character a question what would it be?
Thanks for reading! I hope you have enjoyed this long and winded post. This was honestly so much fun to do (took me 2 and a half hours, but it was worth it). Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
My question for you dear reader, is this:
What everyday thing makes you smile?
I need a bit of brightening up after a long week! Send me happy thoughts!
-Till next time!