I have been pretty good about shopping for gifts for everyone I love this Christmas season. Mostly, because I haven’t shopped last minute. However, things happen. Sometimes, your just busy and you haven’t gone out to shop. Some of us are motivated by the last minute madness. So, if your having a hard time figuring out what the heck your going to buy your friend when Christmas is only a week and a half away!
- Buy them a book: I mean this one should be obvious. Books are great! Know a friend that likes Karate? buy them a book about it. If they like cooking, there are tons of fantastic cook books. Also, whatever genre of movies they like there are tons of great fiction to pick from and even if they don’t like to read, you can give them the gift of opportunity and who knows? Maybe you’ll save a life.
- A Nice Mug: Mugs are versatile and necessary. There is a mug for every life situation. There are beautiful mugs. There are meme mugs. There are mugs for every hobby out there. Never underestimate the power of a good mug.
- Some nice treats: Have a foodie in your life? Get them some good snacks. I have a friend that straight up told me they are getting me treats for Christmas and I’m 100% happy with that. I love a good snack. Many of your friends probably feel the same way.
- A Quick Charging Charger: This is a gift idea I found from Molly Burke’s list on YouTube that I really love. It’s something that most don’t typically buy for themselves, but its something they would use all the time and that will 100% be appreciated.
- Some nice socks.I don’t know about everyone else, but socks disappear all the time on me. My dog destroys them, the washing machine eats them up, the universe steals one half of a pair into the black hole of pair-less socks. I would be so grateful to receive a nice pack of socks for Christmas.
- Coffee/Tea: Most of the world runs on these two staples. I am personally in love with both of these drinks. I got a thing of tea from my boss one year and I still enjoy a cup of that type of tea now. It can last a long time and it’s just nice to have.
- Also, A BOOK: Just because I have some other great ideas on this list doesn’t mean this one isn’t the most important. I don’t see enough book giving to just random people for Christmas and honestly that’s sad. There are millions of great books in the world. Play matchmaker with a book to a friend or loved one. Have them talk about the book with you after. Increase your level of friendship. It’s the best gift ever!
- A Curated playlist on a DVD: I really wanted to do this for a loved one, one year and I never got the chance to do it, but its a really cool gift. Put together songs that remind you of them. Songs you know they love. Songs you love they haven’t heard. Whatever feels right. There is effort in this that shows how much you care and I think its one of the most adorable gifts ever and if you pair it with a book…then it is perfect!
- An Experience: Another gift idea from Molly’s list. Pay for an experience for you and your friend or loved one to do together. Maybe its something neither of you have done before or something they have mentioned wanting to do like a workout class or a painting lesson or going to customize their own sneakers or something like that. Another good one is a VR experience or to go and enjoy a laser tag hang out thing. The possibilities are endless!
- Something they have specifically asked for. Sometimes, to me this feels like cheating. I tend not to like doing this, but you’ll know they love what they get when its something that they have been wanting for a while.
Thank you all for reading! Let me know your thoughts down in the comments below! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season and that you all receive all that you hope for.
Check out The Book Raven Poetry website!